I've had a request for the recipe I used on Halloween. It is perhaps not the healthiest one, but I get rave reviews everytime I make these for holidays and tailgates. Add this to the ones you make occasionally I suppose. They are addictive!
1 lb bacon - cheapest/thinest cut you can buy (thick cut will not work)
box of Waverly/Club type crackers
1. Prepare cookie sheet with foil. Then place a cookie cooling rack into the pan. This will allow you to cook the bowties and let the greese drip away. A broiler pan would work also.
2. Cut the bacon into thirds.
3. Take a cracker and wrap a piece of bacon around it's middle tightly. Place on pan
4. Cook at 250 degrees for approximately 2.5 hours. You can watch towards the end to keep the crackers from getting too brown. The bacon should cook nicely and draw up the middle of the cracker making a bowtie.
5. Serve either hot or cold. These are great for a tailgate or make ahead appetizer.
Let me know if you make the recipe.