Saturday, June 10, 2006

happy and sad

We picked Jordan up last night and she was glad to see us. I'm so proud of her for making the whole week independantly. It's a big deal. She made lots of new friends and tried new skills. Primarily she learned to kayak on the lake and ride horses. She wanted to say goodbye to her horse before we left so we walked out to the stables for her to say goodbye to Georgie. She lost a tooth on Monday night so the tooth fairy had some work to do last night. I'm glad to have her home. I'll upload some pictures soon for you to see.

I'm pretty upset right now. My father called this morning to say that my 43 year old cousin died of heart attack. It was a complication from some severe back pain he has experienced over the past year. Apparently this caused such stress on his heart that it finally triggered an attack. It's so sad. He leaves behind two elementary aged boys and a wife. In the back of my mind I am wondering if any of this is related to the family heart condition we all inherited. My father, and his father before him who died at a young age, has the disease which causes the instant death you hear about in athletes. It's called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and it is the reason my father has a pacemaker with a defibrilator currently.

Please keep Michael's young family in your prayers. My uncle is understandably devestated to lose his first born son. This is the first grandchild my 92 year old Grandmother has lost. I just can't keep thinking about his wife Debbie and their sweet boys. Sometimes nothing makes sense in this world.

No comments: