Thursday, November 03, 2005

aloha in her heart

I'm quite sure that everyone else has to sort through the "mommy homework" that comes through the door. Papers to sign, things to send back, hold this, throw away that, ask further questions...well, during the school year there is a constant sort going on. That sort usually invades our kitchen table and island with a vengance and requires maintenance. (Please, please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles with this sea of paperwork.)

Anyway, sometimes things just catch your eye and they make you smile. Jordan made "E" on a difficult spelling list with words like fierce and treasure...but it was the bonus work at the bottom of the related exercise sheet that made me laugh. Here is what the bonus question said:

Say joy.
Listen to the vowel sound.
Write the words with the same vowel sound as joy.

boy toy soy boing poi

I guess Jordan does remember some things about Hawaii. ;-) Aloha kiddo. I'm glad you are in our ohana.

No comments: