Tuesday, December 06, 2005

job flashback afterthought

Nowadays I guess I'm all about the practical. I certainly have to be for survival sake with three kids. Want proof I was once a carefree soul? You'll have a good laugh with this one: I took that job in London eagerly even though I had never worked with metrics in architectural drawings AT ALL. Sure, it's easy to translate this measurement or that...but try whipping your way through a drawing in a hurry and sketching doorways and other items to SCALE. I think the first regular door I planned translated to 6 feet. No one saw it, but I had a momentary panic attack when I finally realized that I had no earthly idea what the "architectural standards" were in the UK. Believe me, I had a lot to learn.

Ah youth, you feel like you can conquer the world....

No comments: