Tuesday, August 28, 2007

future career aspirations

This morning Grace popped into our bedroom all bright and cheery at 5:30 am. She was bubbly and talkative as little girls often are...and in the midst of this she waxed poetic about her future career aspirations.

GRACE: "Hey, when I grow up I'm going to be a fireman."

DAVE and ANN: "You are???"

GRACE: "Yep, I'm going to be a BIG FAT FIREMAN when I grow up!"

I can't wait to tell our policeman friend about this one. He'll be taking Grace to the police station soon to show her the benefits of being a motorcycle cop.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I wonder why big and fat? Not good enough to be tall and thin?

Ann said...

I thought that too. If you could have seen the way she leaned back and stuck her belly out while exclaiming those words...it was pretty funny.