Thursday, September 01, 2005

today was our wedding anniversary

15 years married
16 years together
5 home locations (and survival of the moves associated with those locations)
3 beautiful children – each with their own personality, strengths, and wicked sense of humor
military life, graduate school life, civilian life, southern life
Memories of the good, the bad, the difficult, and the moments when we were there for each other
A life full of surprises and love, more joy than we could have imagined
Quite a milestone year for two kids who met at Auburn.

Dave is in Maryland this week on a business trip. He sent the most lovely flowers. William was most impressed with this. I was getting ready to go to the gym and did not hear the doorbell. William knew that he had to get me to the door. (funny little urgency in his book) Apparently William thinks that the flowers came from the delivery woman. You know, from her to me as a gift. Not from Daddy. He still wouldn't believe me tonight. I guess he felt a bond with the delivery person since he told her all about his halloween costume decisions this year. ;-)

No babysitter available for "three beautiful children" on Saturday night. Looks like we'll be winging the Anniversary celebration this year. I'm looking forward to the standard family chaos. Seems rather pleasant nowadays. I know one day -- one day -- the house will be quiet again. My SIL reminds me of this all the time.

1 comment:

Ann said...

You -- and your wonderful opinions (read your blog today)-- are welcome here anytime.