Sunday, May 14, 2006

happy mother's day

This morning I received two special cards before our day began. Jordan had done the following at school and I found myself cackling at the contents.



It is a a replica of a magazine layout -- notice the "O" logo in the top left corner? I'm not sure why Grace is not in the drawing. I suppose I should consider that an advancement since Jordan normally leaves William out of her drawings and has Grace instead. Inside were the following comments from my nine year old which were accompanied by more adorable drawings:

COVER STORY
In the year of 2006, Ann M. was chosen as Mother of the Year. She was born February on the second day. (I was actually born on the first day of February.) And she was born in Russellville, AL. She deserves the Mother of the Year Award for taking care of three kids - Grace, William and Jordan.

INTERVIEW
Q. What did you think when your mother was named Mother-Of-The-Year?
A. I thought "My Mom? Mother-Of-The-Year? This can't be possible."

Q. What do you like best about your mom?
A. She is someone I can talk to about everything I have problems with.

Q. What is the best advice your mom has given?
A. Don't fight back, just let it roll off your back.

PROBLEM SOLVING PRO - TIPS FROM THE MOTHER-OF-THE-YEAR
• Never cross the street without a grown-up
• If you get lost remain calm and ask for help from an officer
• Sometimes slow is the way to go

MOTHER ON THE MOVE
Ann is busy all day taking care of three kids at home. She also has many activities at the YMCA. She also goes to the store, too. (On this page is a drawing of me lifting weights.)

WORLD RECORDS
• Fastest to cook dinner
• Can fly through the store

MOTHER OF THE YEAR WINNING RECIPE
Here Jordan has put fairly accurate ingredients and directions for Basalmic Vinigarette.

MY FAVORITE MEMORY WITH THE MOTHER OF THE YEAR
My favorite memory with the mother of the year was when I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. We, only the two of us, were together there that night. And for concessions we had were popcorn and a coke icee. We stayed up late and once we got home, I was so tired I flopped down on my bed and fell asleep.

M - Marvelous
O - Optimistic
T - Touching
H - Honest
E - Excellent
R - Rare

And then William made me this card last week...he was so proud of it:





Grace's Sunday School Teacher had a bouquet of flowers this morning. It was very sweet. I want to wish all my friends and family a Happy Mother's Day. You make my life so wonderful and enjoyable. Thank you for being my sanity check and encouragers.

No comments: