Sunday, August 06, 2006

complaining again


CUSTOMER SERVICE: Mayfield Dairy Products. How may I help you?

ME: I've just opened a box of your Toffee Ice Cream Bars and found two of the popscicles unsealed.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Oh my Mam. Let me get the date stamp information off of the box. Following that we will get your mailing address and send you a total replacement coupon.

ME: Sure, the stamp reads....and my address info is... AND by the way I have a second comment. When I went to dial your 1-800-MAYFIELD number I found a typo on the box. It is spelled 1-800-MAYFEILD in the contact information area. Oddly enough, it is spelled correctly everywhere else on the box.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: (exclaiming loudly) OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE TO TELL THE MARKETING MANAGER IMMEDIATELY! WE JUST HAD NEW BOXES PRINTED AND...OH MY GOODNESS! OH MY GOODNESS! Thank you for your call.

Ahhhh, nothing like using your proofreading skills to make a corporate emergency.

No comments: